Bodywhat has been in private beta for roughly two weeks, and it's given me just enough time to make sure the server will be able to sustain more than a dozen users at once.
In two weeks:
- The server crashed 4 times.
- A critical coding error in a cleanup function wiped the whole database on the second day (!)
- We've had about fifteen beta testers try out the service. Most of them came from Reddit! Thanks guys :)
- We've added in a few features, most importantly the walk-through-your-results tour and the bodyfat reprocessing option.
- We published a few new celebrities' reports, including Dwayne "THE ROCK" Johnson, "The Muscle from Brussels" Jean Claude Van Damme and "The Stath" Jason Statham
Bodywhat is 100% ready to go public! But I'm delaying it a little bit until after New Year's eve. Releasing when people make their new year's resolutions feels like a good opportunity (isn't the time right after new year's eve when gym subscriptions spike the highest? Google Trends couldn't agree more).
Also, I've been thinking about creating a robot mascot for Bodywhat. One that would be there to tell you bluntly how fit, how fat or how sexy you look right in your report's results...
See you in a bit!